Monday, May 2, 2011

Why willn't they just send me home already?!...

So I'm blogging....

   Today's topic: the word "won't"
Seriously, what does that word even mean?! Can't is cannot, haven't is have not, don't is do not, but what is won't?! Wo not?
   It's used to be will not, anyone disagree? But that doesn't sound anything like won't... I think in general people don't really think about the words we use. Especially slang words. I think won't should be changed to willn't. My 4 year old cousin uses his word instead. It's so cool! She's not old enough to really be influenced by what people really think of the words she uses and judge her for it, some people don't understand her anyway! So I started using he work willn't as a replacement for won't a while ago. It was pretty cool. Some of my family did too. But it also got tough trying to explain to people why they thought I sounded like a retard and what that word was. Movements are hard... So to make things easier in everyday conversation, I stopped. Gradually, depending on the circumstance. Now I don't say willn't at all now.. But I think I'm going to. If you hear me say willn't, you know what I'm talking about.
   I think a lot of times people do what's considered to he normal just because it's easier. Why? People that know big words are considered weird often times if they use them. So in average conversations with the general public, they don't. People don't understand the unsual words they're using, so rather than helping to educate the general public, they just dumb down their language. That sucks.
   So, I'm going to replace the word won't in my vocabulary with the word willn't. Useless I learn what won't means and decide that it really is the better word, so if anyone knows where the word 'won't' originated, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment